Search This Blog

Sunday 29 November 2009

Flower Power


Our recent Dinner Club event was scheduled for the end of November - Flower Power (Woodstock). As promised is was yet another magnificent occassion ....... herewith some feedback.

The venue was at Hans & Edith's home and they were our hosts.
Below are a few photos to illustrate the effort everyone went to in dressing the part.

My feet & Jeans / Frank's outfit


Edith's outfit / Frank & Edith


Peter, myself & Frank / Edit, Hans & Lynette


Even the table setting was in a true flower power theme



The place settings

Some other table and venue decorations
This was a shaded area in the garden where we spent most of the afternoon "chilling",
listening to 60's and 70's music, have wonderful conversations and generally just enjoying the wonderful company.
Decor around the "chill" area
Plenty of cushions, carpets, hamocks, insense etc.

The drinks "before" & "after"
Not only was the food and the decor true to the theme, so to was the music.
Plenty of Credence Clearwater Revival, Jimmi Hendrix, Santana any much more.
Some of us just "chilling"
Frank / Nicky & Brian
Edith, Lynette, myself and Nicky / Hans, Lynette, Nicky, Peter, myself, Frank

Hans, Jacques, Lynette, Peter, myself, Frank / Hans & Jacques
The girls (Edith, myself, Nicky, Lynette)
The guys (Frank, Hans, Brian, Jacques, Peter)
Frank / Jacques
Lynette & Jacques / Hans & Peter
Nicky & Hans / Brian & Edith
Myself & Frank / Lynette
The food - fondue & hotrock (was delicious)


And then last but not least.......the desert........!
Edith's famous cupcakes served with tea & coffee....yummy!

Overall it was a wonderful occasion, the weather was perfect, the company top class and the catering and decor....well what can I say, the photos speak for themselves.
I have come to a realization that somewhere in my previous life I must have been a hippie because I felt so comfortable in the outfit and the fact that I could arrive and spend the entire day barefoot......well that was the cherry on the cake!
Don't worry........be hippie!

No comments:

Post a Comment